“It takes a Village to raise a child.”
That statement comes to life when you search around and realize how much effort is put into getting your child ready for Kindergarten.
Our Pre-K Program is a joint effort. It combines: great certified teachers, an effective curriculum, meaningful experiences and lots of training and mentoring.
We are proud to be part of a program called Texas School Ready.
TSR was developed and implemented by the Early Childhood Education Department of the University of Texas in Houston and Austin Independent School District.
The project provides cutting-edge professional development, mentoring, child-progress monitoring and research-based curriculum materials.
- CIRCLE Language and Literacy Training including Mathematics.
- CIRCLE Preschool Early Language and Literacy Mathematics Teacher’s Manual.
- Progress Monitoring Training: an interactive training that provides teachers with the skills to properly monitor children’s ongoing progress.
- eCIRCLE Professional Development and License: a 20 session per year web-based training designed to build content knowledge and specific skills while allowing for intentional conversations and learning.
- Ongoing Mentoring: 4h per month of ongoing mentoring form a highly qualified mentor.
- Incentive Pay: Upon successful implementation of grant requirements teachers can receive up to $1000.
Participant Classrooms receive:
- State Approved Curriculum; which means: high-quality, developmentally appropriate instructional materials and guides.
- Start-Up Kit: which contains materials for effectively organizing and managing the preschool classroom.
- School Readiness Kit: variety of books and materials used to support and enhance classroom instruction.
- Progress Monitoring Tool and License: Children are assessed and their progress registered for future comparison and adequate individualized planning.
- Our school also receives a Certification for being effective preparing children for Kindergarten.
For more information on TSR go to: www.childrenslearninginstitute.org
Meet Our Teachers:
(Biography Coming Soon!)
Bianca DuBois is a recent graduate of the University of Texas at Austin where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Learning and Development. While attaining her degree at UT, she worked at the UT Child Development Center for 4 years. There she gained most of her experience with children ages 6 weeks- 5 years. Bianca is 23 years old and full of life. She is married and expecting her first child in January.
In her own words: “My love for children sparked when I was a child myself. I am the youngest of three children and have always loved being around family and caring for my younger cousins. As a teenager I was actively involved in my home church in the drama department and youth group. I have worked at summer camps, churches, a child development center, and after school programs throughout my journey to become a teacher. I look forward to becoming part of your family through our daily interactions. Toddlers are precious in their venture for independence and need for encouragement, and I expect to provide support and guidance through age/ability appropriate activities during my time with them”.
She has been working with Pre-K children for about 25 years. She is CDA certified and her classroom is bilingual (English and Spanish).
Maria is such an encourager. Children blossom under her care. She uses their inquisitive ways to pour into their curiosity and watch them learn.
She is always opened to exchange information with parents and take pride in showing off all the learning experiences happening in her classroom. She has been part of our staff for over a year now and we hope we can keep for 25 more years!